Online Resume Plays Significant Role in Your Career Building
In the modern world, people prefer to use online resumes more and more frequently. It is comfortable and needs less time. If you think you can take a template and copy all the information changing only your name you will not win the war for the desired job.
Making a resume is a process of self-marketing. If you are not a good "marketer" let professional resume writing services to deal with it. But having a good resume it is important to show it to the recruiter correctly. If you don't know how to submit your resume online, we have prepared this article for you!
Online Resume Formatting: 7 Simple Steps to Submit Perfect Resume
Today, our experts are going to share 7 steps you should go through to submit a resume online and get the best job. If you already have a resume, take it and follow along. There will be some technical moment and you can fix your current resume at once.
Once you do this task, you will never have to worry about doing it again. This advice will help you to have a good resume. Here we go!
- Step #1: Start with Your Word Resume – Open up the Word version of your resume and click File–> Save as–> Save as Type–> Plain Text
- Step #2: Convert the Resume – You will then see a “File Conversion” window pop up, click “OK”, then go ahead and close the file. You will then want to open the file in Notepad. To open in Notepad, click “Start–> Run” then type “notepad” and click “OK”
- Step #3: Uncheck Word Wrap – Once you open Notepad, make certain that Word Wrap (on the Format drop-down menu on the toolbar) is not checked.
- Step #4: Fix the Formatting – make sure that everything is aligned to the left of the page. Also, make sure that all bullets are asterisk "*" or hyphens "-". If you do not change them, then they convert to a question mark (?) and your resume will not look right.
- Step #5: Change Section Headers – Take time to locate your section headers and make them all caps. For example, “Qualifications” should be changed to “QUALIFICATIONS”
- Step #6: Ensure there are No Tabs – A text version of your resume can only use spaces. You need to make sure that there are no tabs and unwanted spaces. Go ahead and “left align” everything and if need be just place a comma where needed.
- Step #7: The Finished Product – You should now have a well-formatted text style version of your resume that you will be proud to post on job boards or email.
When your resume is ready to be submitted reread it once more time. Remember, send it only to those recruiters, who are able to offer really good work. In another case, you will waste both your and recruiter's time.
Your job should bring you happiness, satisfaction and of course money. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius. Follow this quote and don't lose your individuality finding a workplace.